CALL TO ARTISTS
OUTDOOR MAGIC 2017: A Plein Air Exhibition at The Foster Gallery
The Cultural Arts Alliance (CAA) is calling all artists to create and submit a maximum of 2 pieces to be considered for the upcoming Plein Air Exhibition titled “OUTDOOR MAGIC 2017.” The artwork selected for inclusion in the show will be exhibited and for purchase at The Foster Gallery from July 19 – September 4, 2017.
This will be an exhibition of representational works painted 90% en plein air. The artwork must be original and have been created by you individually, within the last 3 years.
** Artwork must be dry and ready to hang, with wire attached for hanging.
CRITERIA: If submissions do not meet the following criteria, they will not be accepted and considered for the show.
- A non-refundable show fee of $10 per art submission is required for CAA Member Artists. Non-Member Artists pay a $50 non-refundable show fee and receive a complimentary one year membership. If you would like to submit a second entry, it’s $10 non-refundable show fee. If you are not currently a member of the CAA, you may easily join online now. Each artist is allowed up to a maximum of 2 entries. Show fee(s) must be paid BEFORE submitting your application. Call 850-622-5970 to pay over the phone (Hours: M – F between 9 AM – 3 PM) or mail check to: CAA – 105 Hogtown Bayou Lane, Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459
- All exhibited work must be original within the last 3 years. No print reproductions accepted.
- Artwork must be appropriate to the general public and family-friendly.
- Framed Dimensions (Height + Width) may not exceed 60”.
- If not framed, edges must be gallery-wrapped, at least 1.5” deep, properly finished with no visible staples, and painted or stained as part of the composition.
- Must be properly mounted with D Rings and wired. NO SAWTOOTH HANGERS.
- Selling your piece is not mandatory. If the piece is for sale, the artist agrees to a 60% (Artist) / 40% (CAA) split.
Call to artists: June 30 – July 14, 2017
Artist notification: July 15, 2017
Mandatory Drop off of Art: July 19, 2017 at The Foster Gallery (12 PM – 2 PM)
Show begins: July 20, 2017
Opening reception: July 20, 2017, 5 PM – 7 PM
Show ends: September 4, 2017
Mandatory Pickup of Art: September 4, 2017 at The Foster Gallery
HOW TO APPLY:
Email your application IN FULL & IN ONE EMAIL to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 11pm on Friday, July 14, 2017.
- Email subject line: “YOUR FIRST & LAST NAME: Outdoor Magic 2017”
- Include completed & signed application
- Include a high-resolution digital image of each piece being submitted in a JPEG or TIFF format, not more than 1 MB in size, with recommended size not less than 900 pixels nor more than 1800 pixels. (DO NOT SEND THUMBNAILS).