CALL TO ARTISTS
The Foster Gallery | Winter 2017/18 Rotation
December 3, 2017 – February 25, 2018
ABOUT THE FOSTER GALLERY
Named for the late Susan Foster, founder of the Cultural Arts Alliance and Professional Artist, The Foster Gallery is an artist collective featuring at least a dozen artists and special exhibitions on a quarterly rotating basis. We host artist receptions and openings, workshops, events, and serve as a community gathering point symbolizing the support the CAA strives to give artists in our community, especially those who are members of the CAA.
Hours of Operation: Monday – Saturday, 10 am – 9 pm and Sunday, 11am – 7pm
Location: 560 Grand Boulevard, Suite L101, Miramar Beach, FL 32550 (in Grand Boulevard’s Town Center)
CALL TO ARTISTS
The CAA is calling all artists who are current members of the Cultural Arts Alliance to submit an application to be considered for the fall rotation which will run December 3, 2017 – February 25, 2018.
Please study the criteria and submit application ONLINE prior to 11 PM CST on Friday, November 10, 2017.
HOW IT WORKS
Up to thirteen (13) artists will be selected for the Winter rotation. Each artist must commit to one of the following two staffing options:
Option 1: Work a minimum of twelve (12) shifts. Shifts are 4 hours on Sundays and 5.5 hours on Monday – Saturday. Schedules will be coordinated by CAA Executive Director and Director of Administration. Shifts may be traded among artists.
Option 2: Do a staff buy-out of $800, which enables the CAA to cover the cost of staffing your shifts. The artist is not obligated to work any shifts. Option 2 is only available up front as a full buy-out.
Artists must also be available to attend the rotation opening reception. Artists are encouraged to utilize the gallery for their own special events in order to promote their work.
The sales split is 60% artist and 40% CAA. The CAA is responsible for all overhead, including rent, utilities, commissions, marketing, event costs, and insurance of the gallery and its contents. All sales will be processed through the CAA, and artists will receive bi-weekly settlements. Any sales will include a 5% commission to the artist on duty.
The gallery features ongoing special exhibitions throughout the year and may also host invitationals at the CAA’s discretion.
Call to artists: October 25 – November 10
Jury: November 11 – 13
Artist notification: November 14
Mandatory installation & training: December 3 at 1:00 PM
Rotation begins: December 3
Opening reception/Winter Social: December 7, 5:30 – 8:00 PM
Rotation ends: February 25
Mandatory de-installation: February 25
The Foster Gallery Exhibiting Artist Criteria
Accepted artists MUST meet the following criteria:
- Be a current member of the CAA. If you aren’t currently a member, you can easily join now online.
- Attend mandatory installation and training on December 3 at 1:00 PM
- Attend mandatory de-installation on February 25, 9 – 11 AM
- Be available & physically able to work a minimum of 12 shifts. Shifts are 4 hours on Sunday and 5.5 hours Monday – Saturday OR do a staff buy-out of $800 to cover schedules which will be coordinated by CAA Executive Director and Director of Administration.
- Be able to help with gallery events & receptions (as needed).
- All exhibited work must be original and for sale. Prints and giclees are not allowed on the exhibit walls (except photography) but may be for sale in bins within your exhibit space.
- Have a minimum of six to ten pieces on exhibit at any given time throughout rotation.
- Agree to a 60% artist / 40% CAA split of each sale.
- Be able to provide a replacement piece within 48 hours after the sale of an exhibited piece.
- Provide an inventory of art pieces in a digital file that lists Price, Title, Medium, Dimensions & Weight upon installation.
How to Apply
Email your application ONLINE before 11 PM CST on Friday, November 10, 2017. You will need to set up an account with Submittable if you do not already have one. You only have to set up your account one time, but you will need to submit to artist calls individually.