The Cultural Arts Alliance of Walton County (CAA) and Howard Hospitality invite visual artists to submit 2D works for consideration to be displayed in the #ARTMATTERS Public Art Exhibition at Hyatt Place, the newest hotel project to break ground in Grand Boulevard’s Town Center.
Artists who are current members of the CAA may submit up to two works for consideration from September 15 – October 15, 2017 via submittable.com. There is no fee to submit. Not a member of the CAA, no problem. You can join now online.
A total of SIX works will be selected, printed onto high-quality vinyl and incorporated into the Hyatt Place brand message along the front-facing perimeter fencing of the Hyatt Place site throughout the construction phase of its development. Additionally, the original works will be unveiled at the #ArtMatters Public Art Exhibition Reveal Party at The Foster Gallery and displayed at the gallery throughout the public art exhibition.
Artists are encouraged to create and submit artwork that represents the powerful connection between community and art and showcases the vibrancy and uniqueness of the South Walton community. We are also looking for creative representations of the concept of art itself. The theme of the new Hyatt Place hotel is the relationship to local art and culture. Abstractions of various disciplines of art have been incorporated into the design of the public spaces and rooms of this property.
The SIX chosen artists will each receive the following as an award:
- One week free stay at Hyatt Place upon opening
- Inclusion in all press releases and promotion
1. Submitted work must be original and created by the artists submitting the work.
2. Only 2D artwork will be considered.
3. Work must be family-friendly and appropriate for view by the general public.
4. Artwork must be current and available for display in the gallery. Artists should not submit work that is not in their possession, has been sold, or is being displayed in other galleries.
5. Winners’ artwork must be properly framed and mounted with D Rings and wires and delivered to Foster Gallery no later than October 23, 2017. Unframed gallery-wrapped canvas is acceptable only if it is at least 1.5 inches deep, the sides are completely painted, and no staples are visible.
6. Artwork will remain in the Foster Gallery to be exhibited throughout the duration of the public art exhibition.
7. Sale of work is not mandatory, but if it is for sale, the artist agrees to a 60% Artist / 40% Foster Gallery split.
8. There is no fee to enter but artists must be current members of the Cultural Arts Alliance of Walton County.
Call to artists: September 15 – October 15, 2017
Artist notification: October 20, 2017
Art delivery to Foster Gallery: October 23, 2017
Artist Reveal Party: November 1, 2017
Public Art installation: November 2017
Show ends: Fall 2018