CALL TO ARTISTS
The Foster Gallery | 2017 Fall Rotation
(9/5/17 – 12/3/17)
ABOUT THE FOSTER GALLERY
Named for the late Susan Foster, founder of the Cultural Arts Alliance and Professional Artist, The Foster Gallery is an artist collective featuring at least a dozen artists and special exhibitions on a quarterly rotating basis. We host artist receptions and openings, workshops, events, and serve as a community gathering point symbolizing the support the CAA strives to give artists in our community, especially those who are members of the CAA.
Hours of Operation: Monday – Saturday, 10AM – 9PM and Sunday, 11AM – 7PM
Location: 560 Grand Boulevard, Suite L101, Miramar Beach, FL 32550 (in Grand Boulevard’s Town Center)
CALL TO ARTISTS
The CAA is calling all artists who are current members of the Cultural Arts Alliance to submit an application to be considered for the fall rotation which will run September 5 – December 3, 2017
Please study the criteria and submit application IN FULL & IN ONE EMAIL prior to 11 PM CST on Tuesday, August 22, 2017.
HOW IT WORKS
Thirteen (13) artists will be selected for the Fall rotation. Each artist must commit to one of the following two staffing options:
Option 1: Work a minimum of twelve (12) shifts. Shifts are 4 hours on Sundays and 5.5 hours on Monday – Saturday. Schedules will be coordinated by CAA Executive Director and Director of Administration. Shifts may be traded among artists.
Option 2: Do a staff buy-out of $800, which enables the CAA to cover the cost of staffing your shifts. The artist is not obligated to work any shifts. Option 2 is only available up front as a full buy-out.
Artists must also be available to attend the rotation opening reception. Artists are encouraged to utilize the gallery for their own special events in order to promote their work.
The sales split is 60% artist and 40% CAA. The CAA is responsible for all overhead, including rent, utilities, commissions, marketing, event costs, and insurance of the gallery and its contents. All sales will be processed through the CAA, and artists will receive bi-weekly settlements. Any sales will include a 5% commission to the artist on duty.
The gallery features ongoing special exhibitions throughout the year and may also host invitationals at the CAA’s discretion.
Call to artists: August 14-23
Jury: August 24
Artist notification: August 26
Mandatory installation & training: September 5, 2:00pm
Rotation begins: September 6
Opening reception: September 28, 5:00 – 7:00pm
Rotation ends: December 2
Mandatory de-installation: December 3
The Foster Gallery Exhibiting Artist Criteria
Accepted artists MUST meet the following criteria:
- Be a current member of the CAA
- Attend mandatory installation and training on September 5 at 2:00PM
- Attend mandatory de-installation on December 3, 9AM – 11AM
- Be available & physically able to work a minimum of 12 shifts. Shifts are 4 hours on Sunday and 5.5 hours Monday – Saturday OR do a staff buy-out of $800 to cover schedules which will be coordinated by CAA Executive Director and Director of Administration.
- Be able to help with gallery events & receptions (as needed).
- All exhibited work must be original and for sale. Prints and giclees are not allowed on the exhibit walls (except photography) but may be for sale in bins within your exhibit space.
- Have a minimum of six to ten pieces on exhibit at any given time throughout rotation.
- Agree to a 60% artist / 40% CAA split of each sale.
- Be able to provide a replacement piece within 48 hours after the sale of an exhibited piece.
- Provide an inventory of art pieces in a digital file that lists Price, Title, Medium, Dimensions & Weight upon installation.
How to Apply
- The subject line of the email should be: YOUR LAST NAME: 2017 Fall Rotation Application
- Completed & signed application
- At least three digital images representing the of work that will be exhibited, including size and price range
- Artist statement
- Artist bio
- High resolution headshot (minimum 300 dpi jpeg file)